Hear from those living with Ph+ CML in chronic phase
For U.S. residents only.
Common and Serious Side Effects of TASIGNA
UNDERSTANDING SIDE EFFECTS AND TIPS TO HELP YOU.
TASIGNA® (nilotinib) capsules may cause side effects in some patients. Some of these side effects are serious and some are more common.
- Side effects may vary from patient to patient
- Write down any side effects you are experiencing and share this information with your doctor
- Work closely with your doctor to best manage side effects. You'll find a few tips that may help you manage side effects below
What is the most important information I should know about TASIGNA?
TASIGNA can cause serious side effects that can even lead to death. During treatment with TASIGNA your doctor will do tests to check for side effects. These tests will check your heart, blood cells (white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets), electrolytes (potassium, magnesium), cholesterol, blood sugar, and pancreas and liver function. Your doctor may have you stop TASIGNA for some time or lower your dose if you have side effects. You should follow your doctor’s instructions.
TASIGNA may cause serious side effects, including:
- Low blood cell counts
- Decreased blood flow to the legs, heart, or brain
- Pancreas inflammation (pancreatitis)
- Liver problems
- Tumor lysis syndrome
- Bleeding problems
- Fluid retention
- Abnormal growth or development in children
Common Side Effects in Adults and Children Include:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat
- Night sweats
Managing potential side effects
Side effects may vary among those taking TASIGNA. It’s important to speak with your doctor about any side effects you may experience.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t keep side effects to yourself: Your doctor can only offer you tips to help you manage side effects if you make your doctor aware of them
- Talk to your doctor before making any changes: You may read something online about managing side effects, or get a tip from someone else with your condition. Be sure to speak with your doctor before making any changes to your daily routine
- Keep track of any side effects: You may find it helpful to write down any side effects you have. Be sure to note the date and time you experienced a side effect